Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I Know You Know Better Than That.

So, I just got back from a long trip downstate yesterday. We were gone for a week and I said I would blog while I was gone...but I didn't. I'm a bad friend. In my defense, I didn't have a computer so shut your faces. Anyway, the trip was fun, but not as eventful as I would have hoped. I went down there hoping to see a bunch of old friends and ended up only seeing one. I'm glad I got to see him, don't get me wrong, but even that was like pulling teeth.

I left the house on Monday because I was staying at my mom's the night before we left, since she is crazy and wanted to leave at 6:30 the next morning (by the way, we left around 9). I borrowed her car while she was at work so that I could get some crap done before we left, and before I spent my entire tax refund on stupid things like booze. I went to the Secretary of State to transfer over the title of my car to my name after having it for about a year and a half. I know, I'm irresponsible, but I've accepted that. So I'm standing at the counter while the lady is looking for the right papers and this girl comes up to me. I look over and it's one of my old roommates from the apartment that I lived in from August to November of 2008. There was a fire in the basement apartment of the building on November 25th. 5 animals in my apartment died from smoke inhalation, as well as 3 animals from the apartment next to us, and 1 from the basement. Only one animal survived the fire, and he was never the same.

Anyway, back on topic. The girl, Falicia (yes, I said Falicia), told me that Ed, the guy that lived in the basement apartment, told her mother that he started the fire on purpose. I don't know how it got to the landlord or how she expects to find evidence, but she is now suing Ed. This thing has been over for over a year now! As much as I would like justice to be served, I just don't see it happening. I gave Falicia my phone number anyway because they were going to speak to a lawyer about it and I wanted to know what they found out. I decided that I should call Sandie and let her know what I found out. She lived in the apartment with me. I hadn't spoken to Sandie in a month and a half, so this phone call was a little awkward. I got through it, we spoke like we were long time friends that hadn't kept in contact...which is pretty much what we are.

My next stop was at Wal-Mart to pick up snacks for the trip. You know, healthy stuff...heh. I'm walking down one of the main aisles and I see my friend Brad. I stopped to say hi to him and tell him about my trip. One of the friends I was suppose to meet downstate (for a date) was also really good friends with him. I told him about my date and he jokingly said to expect a note on his door when I got there saying he would call me later, or something to that affect (I swear to God Shaun, he said it). He went on to tell me about an issue they were having and what-not. We said our goodbyes and moved along. Then I ran into this girl that my mom used to bowl with. She is boring and annoying so I'll just say that she rambled on much like I'm doing until fortunately her phone rang and I could sneak off. Next stop was Subway because my mom was craving it. I went in, got our subs, and an application (which I just remembered in still in my mom's car) and headed towards my next stop, which was a hotel, to drop off a different application. I was proud of my ability to get out of the parking lot though. I ended up going through the parking lot of a restaurant right next door and hitting a light as it turned green so I had no trouble going left. It was great.

That was the last of the stuff I had to do before the trip so I was on my way to the hotel where my mom was working so we could eat and be merry. I was going to stick around while she was working so I could just take her home but I got bored and decided to go back to her house. I walked in the door and my dad asked if I was ready to go. Apparently, he wanted to go driving out in the woods (this is common practice for Yoopers). So we got in his truck and stopped at a gas station because he needed to pick up some beer while we were out. He made me go get it. Sadly, that was the very first time I ever bought alcohol in a store. We went out driving and discussed everything that was going on. My parents sign the divorce papers on Thursday, in case you were wondering. We drove around until it started to get dark, then went back to the house to watch House. Dad wanted a Blizzard so he sent me with my mom's car and his debit card on a mission. It was 7 pm. This is how lame Norway is. Dairy Queen was closed...seriously. I went to McDonald's to get McFlurries instead but they just aren't the same. We ate the ice cream blah blah blah picked up mom, went to bed, woke up, left, yada yada.

We started the trip, like I said, around 9 and got to my brothers around 6 or 7, which is REALLY good time for my mom. I sent a text to my friend Cody, who used to live about a minute away from my brother's but now lives about 20 minutes away, to tell him that I was in town and he better get his scrawny butt over there at some point. It was already too late that night because we were tired and all that jazz. The next day my brother took us to a restaurant called Wolfgang's. They have really awesome breakfast and the best coffee on the planet. From there we went to the theater...the IMAX theater...to see Avatar... in 3D!! It was awesome, except when the screens cut out for like 2 minutes. My brother got 4 free tickets to see any IMAX movie some other time. We got back to the house and I was going to tell Cody that we could hang out but he was already busy. We decided on coffee the next day. So the day goes by, Cody was working or something and my sister-in-law Emily made this...thing... she called a shepherd's pie. It was carrots, celery and garlic put into a blender, pureed, and spread onto the bottom of a pan, with lamb and mashed potatoes on top. It was gross. 7 pm rolls around and I sent Cody another text to see if he was ready to go and he said "how about around 9?" So I waited until 9, and still nothing from him. 9:30 I sent him another text and he said he was out drinking. I was leaving the next day so when he said that I was super pissed. We argued, I pretty much called him a douche, and then I went to bed. The rest of this story will be on my next blog, which I might write later tonight, if my fingers heal after typing up this bad boy...

2 comments:

  1. I enjoy reading your blog Alicia, you're a very good writer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. See...you wouldn't have had to write these super-massive blogs if you had kept on it while you were down there!

    (Ha, ha. Just kidding...but not really.)

    ReplyDelete