Friday, January 15, 2010

This one's too sappy for a parental quote...

So, as most of my blogs have been rather pointless, this one is going to be used to tell Miss Heather, Miss Becky, and Sir Chris just how much I appreciate EVERYTHING they have done for me. They didn't have to open their home to me, and they definitely didn't have to let me stay here rent free until I get back on my feet. They have put up with my constant complaining about Sandie, my awful sense of humor, and my occasional attempt to make a meal worth consuming. It means so much to me that they would do so much to help me, since they hardly knew me when I first moved in. In fact, Chris and Becky didn't know me at all! I can't imagine where I would be right now if they weren't helping me out.

Some day I will do my very best to repay you guys for everything that you've done for me, for the numerous meals you have provided, the countless nights of epic entertainment, and just the company in general. I wish there was a way I could tell you just how great I think you all are, but, as cliche as it sounds, there are no words strong enough to express my gratitude. I love you guys!

I've met a lot of interesting characters since I've been here, too, and I believe they all deserve to be mentioned. John, you are by far my favorite when you're drunk. Daniel, I don't know you very well, but from what I do know, you're very sweet (at times). Doug (the original), you have a special ability to make me very uncomfortable. Be proud of that. It's not as common as you would think. As for the rest of you, you don't read my blog, so you can sit on it...whatever IT is...

3 comments:

  1. This is a perfect post for a parental quote (also, a chance for me to bust out my Dr. Seuss skills)
    You could use: "Never forget where you came from"

    or

    "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth"

    or

    "Don't put that in your mouth! You don't know where that's been"

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For a parental quote, might I suggest "You're adopted," "I should have listened to your father when he asked me to have an abortion," "I brought you into this world and I can take you out of it," "no daughter of mine is going to date a black man," or "I'm calling the police."

    ReplyDelete