Thursday, January 5, 2012

Bedtime!

     Alright fellow bloggers and/or random followers, it's time I get back into blogging. I actually mean it this time...no, seriously. I now have a ton of time on my hands! Unfortunately I don't have the internet BUT I am near the library so do not fret my fancy friends, for I shall post and post again! Please, ignore the strange sayings that I'm sure you'll come across in this blog. I am just in the most amazing mood because I have finally moved into MY OWN APARTMENT! That's right people, no roommates! As much as I love living with other people because I enjoy the company, I love living alone so much more because I make the rules. This is my place and what I say, goes. If I tell you that you cannot shut the lid on the toilet because I don't want you to, I have every right to get mad if you do it anyway! Granted, that's ridiculous and I would never actually do that. The point is, it's my very own sanctuary. I have an entire apartment to put my stuff in and I can put it where ever I want. My bedroom is gigantic too! I could literally fit 6 full size beds in here with room to spare. I decided to put a table in here to do my crafts on, so I'm going to start making jewelry again. I miss writing, and crafting, and spending time with myself. I never felt like I was able to do that when I had roommates. I'm not sure why. None of them told me I had to spend time with them, but I always felt like I was obligated to give them my attention. It probably stems back to my childhood when I was an attention seeking whore. Yes, I did just refer to myself as a type of whore as a child. It doesn't matter. Moving on.

     So, last year I went to this estate sale, which was really weird and uncomfortable because everything that I was thinking about purchasing had once belonged to someone who is now dead. That being said, I found a really cool trunk! No, not that kind that you find attached to the back of a car. The kind that people used to pack full of stuff and travel with in the 50's. I know it was from the 50's because it still has tags on it from when the previous owner took it to New York in 1957. I thought it was super cool and decided to buy it. I ended up spending over $20 on it though. It's cool but I don't know if I would have paid that much for it again. The reason I am bringing this up now, is because I figured it would be really cool to find a few more of them, stack them up and use them as a shelf or, in the current case, a TV stand. I put my TV on it and it held, which I was concerned about and impressed that it actually withstood the weight. The trunk has this latch on it that I never could get to close when I got it. I decided to give it another shot since there was a bunch of weight on it holding it closed tighter. IT LATCHED!! I was all pumped and stuff that I finally got it to stay, when I realized that it was locked...and my stuff was inside of it. So now I have a neat TV stand that is filled with original CareBears that nobody will ever see again. At least not until I break open that really cool trunk. I don't need those CareBears right now anyway...

     My next anecdote involved a candle of the surprise persuasion. I know you've all been dying to know what the surprise is with the infamous candle. Alas, it is not as exciting as I have led you to believe. The scent is just that of a normal cupcake scented candle. However, the multicolored waxed melted together and mixed to make a really pretty sage green. I don't know if the candle was designed to do that and that's the surprise or if I just got a cool one, because it didn't do it with any other layers. Either way, it's neat looking. Bummer for me, it's getting so low that I can hardly even light it anymore. I can't get a regular lighter in there, so I either have to use one of those long lighters that you light a grill with, or as my last roommate suggested, light a spaghetti noodle on fire and light it with that. I'm not sure how that would smell...but it might be worth a shot since I don't have one of those cool long lighters.

    You all might be wondering why I will have so much time on my hands to write more. The reason is, I'm still not back to work!! My goal is to be back by the end of January though, so be rooting for me! I really want to go back and the store manager said that they could really use the help. I'm looking forward to having some responsibilities again. Believe it or not, it sucks not having any structure in the day. I sit around all day long and try to think of things to do and eventually I just get really sleepy and I am usually napping by 4 or sleeping by 7. I just hope that they are willing to work with me at the Depot to get me a nice, set schedule so I can make my plans throughout the week and stay focused on getting through each day and not worrying if I have time for this and time for that. Alrighty, I hope that was at least mildly entertaining. I'm getting sleepy again, so I'm going to either find something to do, or go to bed. Night loves!

No comments:

Post a Comment