Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Your Mother and I Think It's About Time You Get a Job...Part 2

I think it's been about..oh, an eternity since I last blogged. Everything on the planet has changed since then, including my JOB STATUS! Yea, that's right. I got a job. So what if I'm just a cashier at Home Depot. I actually love it. Tons of creepers come in and hit on me and it makes me feel loved. We'll get back to more of that later. Other things to come in this entry: my visit from a sailor. I got to see one of my bestest childhood friends a while ago. Then, once we get passed the shock of the job and the tail of a sailor...I got a puppy! You guys ready to dive into this entry? It's a good one!

So, let's go back to the beginning of April, when everything started to change. I had my interview at Home Depot. I'm not sure if I told you guys that or not. Anyway, they made me pee in a cup and all that good stuff then told me that I got the job! Unfortunately, the job is only temporary. My store manager said that they hire on a lot of the temps permanently. I just have to wait until my temp status is up, which should be sometime early next month. Cross your fingers!

When I got the job, I was already planning for a visit from a long time friend, Matt. It just figures that they would schedule me to work the day he was suppose to get here. It all worked out though, because we ended up having orientation early so I could take the next Saturday off to be with him. Man, this blog is really uninteresting...I'll get on with it...long story short, Matt came to visit for a week and we had fun. Next topic...

Working at HD has been super interesting. I had this guy come in a while ago and ask me if I was married. I just kinda looked at him for a minute and he said "No, you can't be married." Then he went on talking to the guy standing next to me about how us young women don't realize that the old guys that hit on us used to be just like the horny young teens that we like. Only difference is the old guys have houses. He said that if we were smart, we would hook up with the old guys since they are falling apart. In the end, we'd end up single, with a house. Then he decided to tell me the story of the hookers that helped him when he broke both of his wrists. According to him, they took care of him, but one day they stuck a crack pipe in his mouth and got him hooked on it. Then they sold all of his stuff and turned his place into a crack house. After telling me his story, he turned around and walked away. It was messed up.

Another good one happened last night. Some lady (term being used loosely) walked into the store and she had a GIANT hole in the back of her skirt...and no underwear. I don't know how the hell you can walk around like that and not realize that your ass is showing. REALLY?!

Anyway, that's all I've got in me right now. I clearly have to get the creative juices flowing again before I right another one of these or I'm definitely going to lose all my follows, if I haven't already.

2 comments:

  1. Too bad about that guy getting hooked on crack -- I hate it when that happens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy crap...you still read this thing? I thought everyone gave up on it...I know I did for a while lol

    ReplyDelete